Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ava's Weekly Update- 52 Weeks

Happy birthday to baby! It's perfectly normal for parents to feel a mixture of pride at seeing how far you've come and sadness at how quickly your little one has gone from baby to toddler. Enjoy your day together -- this is the beginning of an exciting new stage in both of your lives.

I totally had mixed emotions...I was fine on her actual birthday but the next day was her party and when I blew out her candle and we sang happy birthday I started choking up and had to hold back haha

In addition to a fab first birthday party, baby needs to fit in a doctor's appointment this month. Your ped will check baby's growth and development, just like previous well-child visits.

We did this on her actual birthday (I know, I know I'm terrible but she got some yummy apples and cinnamon from Chili's afterwards and was happy)
She actually dropped a little weight and I can only guess that some of when I lost my supply and she wasn't interested in eating as much solids for awhile because she would bounce around.
Her height and weight both dipped but her head stayed in the swing.

I can't express how much I love this child...she brightens my day even when she drives me crazy. I can't believe it's already been a year. I am so proud of the beautiful toddler she is becoming yet sad to see my baby go. She amazes me with how intelligent she is and how much of an investigator and observer she is...she get's that from me totally. haha
The doctor wasn't concerned and said honestly she just looks like she's going to be petite haha that's funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment