Thursday, December 1, 2011

Missing In Action

I know I've been MIA but with good reason.

My FIL passed away unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago and that's why I'm missing Week 17 and 18.

Honestly I don't have the energy to go back and fill it out so hopefully Baby B won't be upset haha

A couple days after that things just got stressful...I was having anxiety about certain things I'd rather not get into and worrying about all types of situations and people and trying to be there for my husband as well.

Well we found out early Sunday morning and then Tuesday I started to feel contractions...at first I tried to convince myself it was just my ligaments stretching but just having done this not too long ago I deep down knew it wasn't that feeling. Thank goodness I have been feeling better so my body would allow me to drink water and I was chugging it.

Wednesday it got worse...and by worse I mean every 45 seconds to a minute I was feeling it...figuring Braxton Hicks by this time and even though technically you're body has BH from about week 6 on you should not be feeling them at 17 weeks. I was chugging even more water. I called my doc but Wednesday's she does sections and wasn't available so I left a message for the nurse but the message taker was a complete moron and was like....so basically contractions due to stress? Umm yes but I'm 17 weeks and that's scary!!!

I was just about to call back and try and talk to someone but the nurse did call. She said listen I don't want to freak you out but it could be bad and we are a little concerned but it could be nothing. Try not to stress (haha funny), drink lots of water and rest and if possible don't drive to Mississippi...well that was out of the question. I couldn't not attend the funeral.

By this time Mr. B had already been driving to MS with MIL and BIL. So I finally text him that I was feeling really bad about giving him that added stress. He dropped them off and turned around and drove the 3.5 hours back. That was really sweet of him.

She said if I was still having them in the morning to call.

And even though they weren't as intense they were still happening so I called and of course couldn't get in until the afternoon.

We waited and then actually got seen fairly quickly. She did the doppler and heard the HB which sounded great and did an internal check...she said things seemed good but she was ordering a cervix check.

I seriously did not think anything of this at the time but thinking back I wonder if she really was concerned but didn't want to stress me out until she got the US results back.

So off I went and she had to do the internal boo....and cervix was long and tight which was great...she even made it clear that was all she was supposed to do (she was the awesome tech that made the decision the day Ava was born that it was time) and I said "awww man".

So then I could see some fingers barely but she started moving it around and showed up.
She then said "do you want me to see real quick on the tummy if I can find out gender?" and we were like "yes!"

And so she did and checked the HB and it was great....the babies legs were crossed so it took a second but at 17 weeks there was really no denying (we have our big one on Monday to officially confirm) but we were all agreed that we'll be having....

Another GIRL!!!!!

I know that Mr. B was happy but sad because especially with the passing of his father I think a boy would've helped him but good to have some good news at a time like that.

We have decided on a name as well....

Allison Hope and we'll call her Ali for short

So we'll have an Ava and Ali :)

Since I did Grace with Ava I really wanted to kind of stick with that theme so Hope just seemed to keep coming back in my head.

I'll hopefully get my Week 19 done today or tomorrow at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment