Thursday, January 5, 2012

6 Month Appointment

Well I go in and get weighed and have gained 11lbs in a month.
So when she comes in I tell her my fears about the chance of having poly again. She said you know last time we had to do an US at 6 months (which I forgot because Ava moved around so much at the 5 month that they didn't get to see all the chambers in the heart and had me do another).

She said I was normal but at high normal then and that I got it a little later. And I had gained 19lbs then I think it was.

Well this time I've gained a total of 18lbs...which I said yah I gained about 41 with Ava due to the extra fluid and she said well around here that's actually the average (because we have heavy set women and folks who eat a lot of fried food) and I had told her I was carefully watching this past month because I knew last time I had a huge increase.

So she said yah we'll monitor it but this could just be a big weight gain month for you in pregnancies.

So she found the heartbeat after a minute of Ali kicking and punching everywhere and then measured me. She said I was measuring "a little big" which she didn't say (I should've asked) and sent me for an ultrasound.

I told the US tech about why I was there and that I had it last time and I haven't had my GD test yet but last time passed with flying colors.

She never did say I had high or low fluid and had me sit in the room while she got the report together which was strange.

Then I had to take it to my doc and I almost read it (should've) but gave it to the nurse who quickly skimmed it but I had to wait on the doc.

She looked at it and kind of laughed and said yah....you do have a little higher amount but nothing extreme that we need to worry about right now...she wants me to do another US right before my 7 month appointment to see if it goes up or stays the same.

The biggest thing is it going up.

I have to go in for my GD test in 2 weeks and hoping I pass...

It's truly crazy that only 1-3% of women get this and generally it's due to GD and it's even more rare to not have anything wrong with me or the baby and get it in another pregnancy...like it's not something that once you get you'll get with every pregnancy.

We'll see..

Allison was moving and grooving though and her HB was strong at 149. I think her profile does look like Ava but looks much more like me than Mr. B this go round.

She's measuring at 1lb 4.5 oz and a month ago she was only 9oz. So that's about 11oz gain...we all know US's aren't always accurate so I'm guessing she was more like 11-12 last month like Ava and probably gained about 8-9oz.

Anyways that's the update!

No comments:

Post a Comment