Sunday, July 5, 2015

You need a boy...

A has been asking to get pancakes for weeks. So we finally go to a local place by our house today. 

Of course our waitress walks up probably about 7 months pregnant still trying to fit in pre pregnancy clothes which is not working. 

No hi how are you?  No my name is...nope. 

Oh no boys?  You need a boy!  You need to try for a boy?!  Looks at A wouldn't you want a brother?  You can have mine if you want. 

Mr. B and I just looked at each other awkwardly like "did she just fucking say that?"  Sorry no other way to say it. 

A looked at her confused like why is this lady saying this to me?

We were both prepared for "how many children do you have?"  I would have easily said 2 living girls and one boy in heaven. 

But that. I literally felt like she knocked the wind out of me. 

I know she had no way of knowing that we DO have a son and he's gone but why would she go on and on about it?

What if it took a lot to get the girls?  What if they were adopted?  What if I had to have an emergency hysterectomy and my chances of children were gone forever?  Or WHAT IF I had a stillborn?....

And the comment of you can have mine made me think she already has a son at home and would have preferred a girl. 

2 steps forward...one step back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment