Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Today's Talk

So I can't divulge too much for the sake of getting in trouble but I just wanted to talk about couples and marriages and fighting.

If you are that lucky couple that barely ever fights well that's awesome and not saying Mr. B and I fight a lot but generally we're going to get in a tiff or two a week. Nothing usually serious...that ones saved for once a month and because we're both so stubborn by the end of it we're laughing because we have no idea what in the hell we were fighting about anyways.

But as Mr. B and I were talking about some friends we were like why is it such a faux pas to talk about fighting. I mean if you tell someone "yah we got into this drag down knock out fight" your friends automatically say "oh no are you guys ok" their first thought is doomsville. Why can people talk about political affiliation or money which to me just isn't something that should be discussed with many folks due to the controversy but I can't say "Hey Mr. B was being a huge dick yesterday and I need to talk about this".....without being judged or gossiped about?

I mean couples fight. So I'm helping out a friend with an issue and her beaux was like well so and so don't fight...(which is completely wrong because how could they not since the girl is a complete and utter biznatch and he's a man with well no balls because the biznatch has them) but it's like why do we think some people don't fight and have the perfect marriage...is there such a thing?

But anyways the way some folks talk to each other just astounds and appals me. If Mr. B ever called me a curse word he'd probably get popped in the face...no lie....I'm not too proud to say I'll be the enforcer in the domestic violence case. all joking aside (and if you couldn't tell I was joking) we used to be pretty lethal when I just didn't know if we'd make it. Looking back it was the stress of a wedding and buying a house with issue after issue that escalated our hard times and lucky for us it only lasted about 2 months. But we said some nasty things...we then went on vacation and that was the best thing for us. We got away from everything and was able to find out why we fell in love with each other in the first place. And we talked about our fights and we set rules....that maybe funny to some but it has worked for us.

No FU's and no F off's! No name calling of any kind except Mr. B says I can call him an asshole. Which I don't use too often just for the juicy ones.

But I told him he can call me an asshole too haha.

But no other words. And if someone slips the other person immediately gets to say "you just said this to me and that's not right and we're not continuing until you apologize" and the person who said it already knew as that diarrhea of the mouth was coming out that they were wrong...and when we apologize we generally are much more rationale and can get whatever we're fighting about resolved.

But regardless do you think that in the future especially with marriage that it will work with name calling all the time? I think it will bring down someones self esteem so much that, that person will walk...

I just don't see the point. You wonder if it's really them not wanting to be together or staing in it because their old even if they don't want to.

I don't really have much of a point to this haha. But just thinking.

1 comment:

  1. What an insightful post, Mrs. B!

    I will be brutally honest here. Mr. SF and I can get into some ugly fights. Name calling, yelling...the whole 9 yards. And then 10 minutes later we are making out. Any couple that says they "don't fight" are lying whores. It's healthy. And the make up sex is ah-mazing!

    Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete