Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Birth Story

ok here we go...

Thursday the 4th I had my U/S and 39 week appointment planned.
Went in for the U/S really thinking it would be like any other one. Well Ava was taking a nap and WOULD NOT WAKE UP....they buzzed her...then got a stronger buzzer....tapped and shifted my belly. I moved to my left, then to my right, then back to my back.

She sort of moved one time with an intense buzz but that was it. I had told the U/S tech that this was the original day that I had picked for her birth and I was so ready jokingly.

She began to get a little concerned as time went on and told me she only had a 30 minute increment that she had to do certain things to pass her bio-physical. I said normally she passed 8 out of 8 in the 1st 5 minutes.

Well she gave her a 4 out of 8 and really wanted to give her a 3 but with movement since she kind of did one she had to give her 2 points but no flex and then I failed something else.

She told me she was going to walk the results over to my doc.

So I went and did my urinalysis and literally as soon as I came and sat back down the nurse called me in and guess what...I hit the 40lb mark haha

But then she said you can have a seat in her office and I knew uh oh this could be serious.

She came in and asked if Ava had been moving and I told her oddly enough she had been moving a ton the past couple of days but nothing so far that day. And she said based on that and my fluid and how far along I was I had "just bought my ticket to L&D"....I was a little shocked and so was Mr. B haha

I got admitted about 3:30 and at about 4 I guess they started me on pitocin. I was still only 1cm dilated bleh.
I was having some contractions that I didn't even feel but soon enough started to feel them...just very strong intense feeling not too much hurting...I had to lay on my left side and then that hurt so she let my lay on my right and it was very uncomfortable.

At about 5:00-5:30 the nurse brought in my doctor and they were looking at the contractions/heart beat sheet and my doc came over and sat down and said "ok...so you're still at 1 and Ava is stressing with the contractions...if you were at 8 or 9cm I'd let it go but you could be doing this for many more hours and we just don't want to put her in distress anymore than we have to...so we need to do a c-section." I have to tell you all I was crushed...I almost started crying but held it together and just said "I really wanted to avoid a c-section" and she said "I know and I would if I felt it was ok but I just don't think it is" and I said "well ultimately it's what's best for Ava so let's do it".

They were busy that day so I think I was 2nd or 3rd in line. Of course it was during shift change at 7 so there were tons of folks in that room. It was so sterile bleh. But I was extremely calm. It was cold in there and I felt I had to pee but what was I going to do?

The epidural was strange. It hurt a little with the numbing medicine because you feel the burn but the real epidural and the crunch was gross y'all.

As soon as they laid me on the table I think I pee'd haha oh well...better than poop I guess.

It was intense pressure...like when you get kicked in the stomach Parle sometimes jumps off of me and it hurts.

I don't think they realized that I could see the reflection of what was happening through the lamp...I tried not to look at much but could smell my skin burning from them searing through haha and I saw the water break and gush all around. When the lady got on top of me and was pushing her out that was a geh feeling but not bad.

Then she was out and it was great!

She did poop while inside so she had some meconium in her lungs but they got it all out and she's fine. Lots of pictures were taken and I didn't feel much when they were suturing up.

She was 7lbs 10.2 oz and 19.75 inches long.

When we got back to the room (L&D room) oh happened to be 11 (my favorite lucky number) she latched right away which was great!!!!

I'll upload pictures now.

No comments:

Post a Comment