Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's that time...

of year to start thinking about Christmas cards. I have to admit I'm a little neurotic about this kind of thing. I used to actually buy the kits where you had make all of your cards...gluing cute snowmen, glitter, Santa's etc all over the place. But that was when I was younger and only sent out 15-20 cards and well I don't have time for that with a baby. For the past oh 3 years Mr. B and I have picked a different cute LSU illustration card that has a Cajun/creole recipe on the back and I do really love those and would continue doing them but I still have to write a note in all of them and still have to manage to take a decent picture so why not just do a photo card because let's be honest nobody actually cares about Mr. B and I anyways...it's all about Ava. And I have a really cute outfit for her...and Parle. Yah I couldn't help it. He'll be dressed like an Elf I think it is haha.

Yah I'm the cheesy person who loves to do a picture in front of the tree or fireplace with the fireplace with the stockings hanging etc....and it'll end up looking like something like this...but she's cute and can pull it off.


Anyways I digress. So I love Shutterfly I really do...I have made tons of photo books including our guest sign in book for our wedding (with pictures from our engagement), wedding book, and our trip to Europe and of course I'll be using them to create tons of books for Ava as well. So it really seems obvious to use them especially since they have so many great templates.


I know I'm all nostalgic with my hormones racing but who am I kidding I'm like that anyways.



I really like this one
Wonderful World...




I am digging the multiple photo card because then we can do a cute family group shot and then show lil Miss Ava in all her glory....and I think it sums up our life now...and yah I got a little teary eyed...sorry haha But this is a card so I'd still have to write stuff...so maybe we'll go a different route like...



Year in review...




I do like this idea of still having the few pictures but doing a year in review...although pretty much the only exciting thing that happened to us this year was finding out we were having our little Butterball and her arrival. I think this is a great card for when your child is older or you had a lot of things going on so I'll definitely remember this one for later use...and who knows maybe we'll have a Butterball Part Deaux to talk about on year.


And I really like this one.


Happy Holidays



I like this format because we can do our family shot and then have a spot for Ava and one for Parle since he's been feeling left out and he was our first child for a few years. However we will never be put together as well as this family but hey that's what makes us ....us.

Shutterfly has so many options so I'm sure I'll obsess about this for a few days and Mr. B will be tired of hearing "well we could go this route...what do you think?!" "oh you like my first choice...well maybe it's not so great" haha yah I'm neurotic like that.

Either way I'm going to be on top of my game and have my picture done by Thanksgiving and my cards ordered shortly after.....well that's what I keep telling myself but as long as they get the card by December 24th I'm in the clear right???

No comments:

Post a Comment