Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Boo...Hiss

No ultrasound.

First off doc was very busy today and waited almost 1.5 hours to see her which ticked me off royally.

But none the less she said she doesn't like to do an u/s until 8 weeks...even though I'm just a few days short of that just in case they couldn't detect the heartbeat or see the baby in the sac yet because that would just worry Mr. B and I even if there was no concern.

So...I have to go back on Tuesday at 4. The bad thing was Mr. B waited to go out of town today and he's supposed to be out of town again next week. So he may not make it. I feel bad for him.

But she said the good news is I'm healthy, I barely drink caffeine, I never smoked, and stopped consuming alcohol of course and the fact that my boobs have grown a ton and are very sore and I've had morning sickness are great signs.

She does an u/s at 8 weeks and then again at 20 weeks to determine the sex.

We'll probably go get a 3D on our own later on to see the baby since those things are so cool!

I'm still going to tell my family on Easter because I figured if for some bad chance I do MC I would like them to be there for me.

They are all going to the Outing Club for brunch on Easter and we know the manager so I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they can deliver some kind of pastry with the due date written and below it Love Mr. and Mrs. B.

I want a bunch of them together and that would be the best way to do it haha I'm pretty excited about that.

I'm feeling a little sick so I better go eat

3 comments:

  1. Holy crap, girl! Congrats! Apparently a lot went on while I was off having a baby. So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo that's crazy! Especially when a heartbeat can be seen around 6 weeks. My ob sees between 8-10 weeks (no later for the first one - the receptionist was all fussy because there were only 2 spots and one was after the 10 week mark). I'm guessing there's some kinda workup around that point?

    Ooh that's super cute idea! Totally take a picture of the pastry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shoe! And Congrats again on your lil one!

    Jin I know...I thought by 7w3d I'm sure we could hear the heartbeat.

    And I wouldn't have minded from the get go if I would've known. Clearly that nurse and her weren't on the same page. So from now on I'll be double checking!

    ReplyDelete