Sunday, April 5, 2009

Country

As I'm listening to George Strait sing at the ACM's it reminds me of the time Mr. B and I drove to Chattanooga to see his parents and we all took a trip up to Nashville. We went to Tootsie's and drank and listened to music most of the day and then went to a great steakhouse called The Stockyard. We had a very expensive meal but it was so fun...that's when I fell in love with country music and Nashville.

Mr. B and I have since been back for the FanFair. I surprised him on his 30th birthday with a package to go...even though it was like 8 months later hehe.

Last year we couldn't go because it was the week after we got back from our honeymoon and this year we won't be able to go because of our Europe trip....but I really miss it.

Mr. B used to live there and I know that he would love to live there one day too.

I guess the whole point of this is Mr. B and I come alive in Nashville just like we do on Bourbon haha....and no I don't mean after we've had 10+ drinks, I mean at 11am before most folks are even up or are waking up from the bathroom floor. I mean when it's the locals out, when things are just opening up, when they've just cleaned Bourbon Street, when you have that one homeless guy getting yelled at to wake up off the street. It all just makes us feel alive. Going to The Old Absinthe House when it's just us or a few locals in and it's nice and quiet...the smell I love it.

Anyways it just makes me really appreciate Mr. B and I's relationship. He really is my bestie...he would kill me if he knew I just called him my bestie hehe. Ok I just did and he said "what the hell is that"? haha and I told him and he said well you're my best friend too....I just said "say bestie" he said "no" eh at least I'm his best friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment