Tuesday, April 28, 2009

So much...so little time

I accidentally posted this one and the other one on my cooking blog. So this should be the older one but oh well.

Well clearly life has gotten in the way of blogging which I'm not very happy about...but at least I'm doing it now.

Let's see. I won't even go into the details of the French Quarter Fest but I'll recap it like this.

~Started drinking by 10:30am
~Almost had my ankle broken
~Almost got in a fight with a meth head white trash gapped tooth ho
~Almost had to break up my little friend getting in a fight with a big "macho" man (I say that because he wouldn't have stood a chance against Mr. B who had a beer bottle waiting in case he hurt lil friend....oh and it was totally "macho's" fault.)
~Drank a 24 pack by myself
~Watched my friend dance hookerish on a pole that wasn't made to be a "dancing" pole.
~Watched said friend get knocked off the bull multiple times.
~Watched said friend practically rape her husband.
~Went to Temptations at 8:30pm....Nahhhh hhhhasssss ttttteeeeee (don't go before like 11:30pm)
~Watched friend who almost break my ankle almost break his ribs when he fell on the curb ouch..
~Got my Lucky Dog and a slice of pizza
~Was back at the hotel by 10:30
~Sent my husband out at 11 to pick up lil friend from Temptations when they called and said "come get him now" haha
~Woke up with no hangover!

Gotta love Bourbon

Then came my work retreat.

It was in Daytona and I barely got to be on the beach. But since I was head of a committee who did a lot I was noticed which was great. My biggest boss said I did a great job and I was a natural born speaker. Wow! What a compliment.

Then the last day all the peers voted on who showed the most leadership and I won!!!! That was a fantastic feeling.

I just got an email awhile ago from the guy who put the whole retreat together and said he had a ton of folks saying how great it was and how I did a great job. He cc'd my boss and my bigger boss and they both replied....so all in all I couldn't have asked for a better retreat. I didn't get the free time like others since I was working but it was worth it.

And I was able to sneak away some time with some friends and we had a good time catching up.Then I flew in and already had company waiting for me!

We had a pretty chill weekend just watching the draft and eating. Yesterday I napped for like 5 hours haha.

And this weekend I'm planning on doing nothing! Well we need to do our back flower beds but other then that nothing at all.

I'm off to plan my menu for the week...well at least the next few days until Mr. B decides if he's off to travel. Oh and his boss man came into town and nothing was said...soooo that means so far so good.

His commission was 900 more then it was the past few months and fairly close to what it was before all this shit went down. I'm hoping that's a indication of the economy coming back but I'm just not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment