Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A weight has been lifted....

And I don't mean off my waist or hips.


Well here we are......we didn't know where we stood with the whole PMI and saving money thing...and the appraisal.

Well I talked to my lender today and he's switched us to an FHA loan because the PMI is only 78 a month vs 205! I'm soooo happy.

Plus our appraisal came back and it's 205. Which is 2k more then the other guy whooo!

We had two options.

4.875 and pay the 1% origination fee which would've been 1900.

or

5% and no origination so the loan would be 188,100

Well with FHA they do charge a 1.75% fee either way.

So I said well we might as well go with the 5% because we're evening out.

And we'll be saving about 265 a month! That's fantastic.

Plus the one credit card will be paid off in July that's 300 that we pay towards that. Then we'll take that 300 and put it on the other card which we pay 150 on right now.

Plus with the savings of 265 we'll put towards that card too. So that's 715 we'll be putting towards that card which means that card will be paid off by about Thanksgiving.

Then we will have 715 extra every month which we will then start paying off my grandpa for the car and our small personal loan....once those two cards are done we'll take that 265 and put that back into savings. So we'll only be taking 450 a month to pay more on the car and personal loan but still.

That's 225 extra a month and it'll go by quickly.

Hello debt free 2010...then it's baby making time ha ha.

And this is all if things don't get better (well let's hope Mr. B can still keep his job) and that his commission's don't go up. If they go up things change and we pay off things faster.

I'm really rambling here but I'm so excited. This is how I felt a few months ago when I was figuring out things but that was when I thought Mr. B's commissions would be 1000-2000 more then they are now... and we're still doing really well and are super grateful.

But it's good to see it's closing down on all the stuff weighing us down.

Plus we'll be doing the backyard landscaping soon too hooray!

Then maybe I'll be able to get my guest bedroom set like I want.

Well yesterday Mr. B came home to say "surprise I'm going out of town this week instead of next"!

Well that's good and bad.

It's good because then we won't be boarding Mr. Barky (a.k.a Parlé) so we will be saving 60 bucks....but

Bad because next week I'm out of town and then if Mr. B would've been gone that means one less week of sleepless nights for me.

But a company is interested in buying a kit which means $ for us. So he can get gone and go! ha ha.

I can't believe that next week is already my regional retreat. I'm very nervous and hope our activities go as planned and some kudos comes out to me.

And next week also marks 1 month until Europe. I mean seriously? Time has flown by it really has.


Also I want to give a huuuuuge kudos out to my good friend Eric. He has made the cut to go out and get tested for UFC 10 on Spike....that reality show to see who will make it.

He got flown out there today and he has 4 days of medical testing and interviews. Then he'll know if he's made the cut.

He's worked very hard and deserves it. So good luck old friend!

Well I guess that's the end of my play time and it's back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment