Thursday, October 15, 2009

Make Up Your Mind

Ok my In Law's are notorious for not making up their minds when it comes to things to do. I get really really frustrated with that because my family is the complete opposite and has things planned out and makes a big to do about holidays etc.

I decided that I'm just going to take the bull by the horns and be the annoying person that picks. I mean we've gone from not going anywhere to going someone in a matter of two days heh.

It went from maybe North Carolina, NYC, Colorado, Mexico, Dominican Republic, or Costa Rica maybe haha

But after researching I have found a great place in the Riviera Maya for a decent price. We checked it out on Tuesday night and it was about 1450 with airfare for two people all inclusive. Last night it was already up to 1600 grrr

And this is the week before Xmas because the week of Xmas is double that price (yah no lie). So I really want to get on it now.

I emailed my BIL aka Uncle Ben about the dates primarily because I have to tell my boss what week I'll be out so we can plan. I had Mr. B call him on his way home last night to say check it. Do you really think I got a response no....do you think I had a response waiting this morning when I checked it...no

I mean this family is so slooooow when it comes to things like this that are important. And to be honest if they just give me the dates and agree on the place I'll book mine now so I don't lose more money and whenever they get around to it they can.

I already know Mama Deb said to just call her and get her credit card info so she'd do it like today. It's just pesky Uncle Ben who doesn't have anyone nagging him which Mr. B won't because he'll say "real people work" yah I'm a real working person but I can manage to check a damn email in between.

Anyways this happens all of the time. Last year they came for Thanksgiving because I wanted it at our house instead of going to San Antonio (nobody lives there just a vacation) and since I had it at home Mr. B said we had to spend Xmas with his family (yes they came for Thanksgiving not my fam) but he said because I was getting my way having it at our house we had to do that...fine whatever.

We sit, sit, sit nothing....nothing involving Christmas at all and I hadn't been home for Xmas in 4 years and my aunt was coming in from Belgium and that made me really sad. Then it turned into they got invited to Mr. B's aunts house and just couldn't bare to turn her down. So we ended up in NOLA for a few days and I told Mr. B f this we're going to my family on Christmas day.

So we did his family thing for a few days and then went home. But we got there on Xmas day and yes it was still fun but the whole fun thing at GG and Papa's is the anticipation of Xmas.

So last year Mr. B said well now we're having a REAL Xmas with my parents...I said fine whatever but after that we're doing my family and then staying home the one after....he agreed.

I do get my grandparents coming for Thanksgiving which is nice since my GG turns 70 while she's here! I'm planning on making her a special cake once I figure out what to make haha.

Anyways especially if we did the week before Xmas Mr. B and I could still experience Xmas at home with some of my traditions even though we won't be doing gifts...which is fine...I can sit and watch Xmas stuff hehe

So yah that's my frustration...and technically Mr. B in law shouldn't be going out of the country since he won't call his damn doctor. But I can't force him to do that and if he's comfortable then I guess I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment