Saturday, January 2, 2010

Year End Survey

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
hmm I had never been to Belgium or Paris...I had never given a painting of mine as a present.


2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I'm pretty sure my only resolution was to get out of debt which we made a huge lead way so I'm still considering this successful.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My aunt and uncle gave birth on December 16th...there were a ton of births in 09 just not close to me.


4. Did someone close to you die?
I wouldn't say close but Mr. B's aunt Anne passed in March I think it was...great woman.


5. What countries did you visit?
We were the snobby worlds travelers in 09 haha. Belgium, France, Italy, Holland, and Mexico


6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?
A baby....no ifs ands or butts about it :) but we'd have to get pregnant like in the next couple of months so I'd settle for at least being 5-6 months pregnant by year end if not further along. And to be completely credit card debt free which will happen at the end of February :) A raise because I honestly deserve it.


For Mr. B to have a job that doesn't require travel and have a flat pay.




7. What dates from 2009 will be etched in your memory and why?
May 24, 2009. Our one year anniversary and when we were in Rome and some crazy stuff with family. Romance, love, and turmoil all in one.


8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Taking ahold of our finances even though Mr. B made a lot less due to the shitty economy. Making a name for myself at work.


9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting more debt paid off sooner. Not being pregnant haha Not seeing family enough


10. Did you suffer illness of injury?
My ankle injury was it. That was at the French Qtr fest when Uncle Kenny accidentally kicked some heavy wood/boards onto it and my heel has never been the same.




11. What was the best thing you bought?
Trip to Europe and my SLR!!!!


12. Who's behavior merited celebration?
The Saints. Totally. Spending way too much of my childhood watching them lose has made this season even sweeter. Plus, it's bringing attention to my favorite city for something other than Katrina because seriously, we are so much more than that. (I agree with the person I stole this from haha)


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Well I'm not getting into it but it has a lot to do with politics.


14. Where did most of your money go?
Fun trips, paying off debt, camera, bills bills bills


15. What did you get really, really excited about?
Trip to Europe, my camera, football season, Mexico, being with family


16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Paparazzi, and even though this song wasn't from 09 Time of Your Life by Green Day because Mr. B and I really did have an amazing year and that song was from my first trip to Europe 10 years before and it all brought everything back full circle.




17. Compared to this time last year, are you skinnier or fatter? richer or poorer? happier or sadder?
Ok well I shouldn't have weighed myself after being at an all inclusive, xmas, and eating in New Orleans because I am fatter haha. But I'm hitting the gym again soon.


You know it's funny because we're richer then last year when Mr. B probably pulled in 15k more. We have more in retirement, savings, and have stuff paid off or down and still can do fun things.


18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Worked out, cooked, baked, been with friends and family




19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spent on silly things, worried about other people




20. How did you spend Christmas?
With Uncle Benny, Mr. B, and Parle. I made Biscuits and Gravy which is my family tradition, and sausage balls which is the Burns tradition.


Hung out with the fire on and cooked Cincinnati Chili all day.


Had great friends and family come with dogs.....felt just like growing up at GG's with all the craziness. I loved it!




21. Did you fall in love with 2009?
Yes because I fall in love with Mr. B over and over again (cheesy enough for you)




22. What was your favorite TV program?
oh geez haha...re-runs ok


Golden Girls, Roseanne, Reba, SATC, Glee, Grays




23. What was the best book you read?
I loved all of the Jennifer Crusie books and Jennifer Wiener books...also read Going Rogue and actually really enjoyed it.




24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
While tailgating the tailgate next to us the guy would play the washboard.


See here




25. What did you want and get?
My SLR for my birthday. My trip to Europe. SATC box set. LSU Snuggie. My grandparents for Thanksgiving. My friends and family for Xmas.




26. What did you want and not get?
Go to Destin just Mike, me, and Parle. To be pregnant.




27. What was your favorite film of 2009?
Well I honestly can only remember one movie at the theater and that was The Hangover which I can honestly say is now one of my all time favorites (I'm a huge comedy girl)




28. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I got my camera! Mr. B and I went to Texas De Brazil and stuffed ourselves silly! I was 25....a freaking quarter of a century old!




29. What one thing would have improved your year immeasurably?
To be pregnant when I thought we were because Mr. B actually was excited about it.



30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?
2009 was a miserable year for me in fashion. With the weight gain I just never felt good in my clothes and refused to buy new because I was working out. And I still won't until I lose more.




31. What kept you sane?
The blog. Other people's blogs. Drinking...I'm not going to lie about that one.




32. What political issue stirred you the most?
The health care thing. I agree that the system is broken, but the changes aren't practical, there are still many without health care, and I hate that everyone was so shady and the agenda is nuts because this wasn't for the normal people at all...and when you say you don't care if you do get your seat next year but you're doing this no matter what you're not listening to the very people you're supposed to be protecting.


There were plenty other things that could be done to improve the system that just didn't fit into their agenda which pisses me off royally.




33. Who did you miss?
All my friends in different states and countries.




34. Who was the best new person you met?
Well even though I had met her before I would say Auntie Shannon because she made tailgating that much better and I truly know if I needed anything I could call her and I love her kids and want to steal Miss Amanda haha....and


Auntie Mel even though we knew each other before our friendship has blossomed so much and I know that if I called her at 2am she'd make the drive up here (would get lose but still would figure it out) and I would do the same for her.




35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
That you can't change how people think or feel no matter how right you maybe and how wrong they will be. That patience truly is a virtue.





That if you believe in something keep going...you just may need to change your tactics. That opening your mind to what others are thinking and feeling will make a huge difference in life.





That sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do but once you do them you know it's making a difference. That getting out of debt really can solve many issues. That family and friends aren't always who you think they are and that sometimes you just have to put on a happy face even if you don't believe them....





That sometimes you will be tested with the way people treat you and it's truly a lesson in how you react...you may not always get it right but as long as you learn from it that's all that matters. That sometimes you must stand up for what you believe in even if it means you will disrespect some, lose others, or be bruised forever. That if your spouse truly isn't one of your best friends you will forever be miserable. That life is too short to settle!



36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

For what it's worth it was worth all the while...it's something unpredictable but in the end it's right


I HOPE YOU HAD THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!!!


Because I know with all of my heart I did...





Thank all of you my friends, family, Mr. B, Parle, May 08, Facebook friends, ex-friends, and all of you bloggers who keep me sane everyday when all I want to do is drink 3 bottles of wine and cry myself to sleep.


There are so many of you whom I've never even talked to (who you don't even know I follow your blog) that have made a difference in how I think and feel and have taught me how to process things and make a difference in my world.





I don't know what I'd do without everyone!





I truly hope 2010 is better for everyone even those that I can't stand and will never like or see eye to eye with because everyone deserves happiness.





I know I will be happy because I create my own destiny and won't allow anything other then that.





Love ,


Mrs. B

2 comments:

  1. I'm still dying for your Cincinnati Chili recipe..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh crap email me at coledecker@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete