Friday, March 25, 2011

Let me tell you about...

Breast Feeding.

I love it I really do and I should say I'm not here to talk about Breast Feeding but the damn pump.

I have to pump at work obviously to keep up my milk supply and pump for Ava for daycare.

I'm so behind I pump for the next day. My stash is all gone so I could never go anywhere out and about for longer than an hour just to be on the safe side. Yes generally she eats every 3 hours but I don't take any chances with the poor soul that's left behind.

So I pump at 10 and then I pump at 1. And I get anywhere from 4oz on a bad session to 7 on a great session.

Most of the time I get about 11-11.5 so I have to of course pump at home after she's down. I normally wait about an hour to make sure after feeding the piglet (said with love of course) twice once she gets home that I'd have enough.

And each stinking time I have to clean and dry...well I can let them sit out at home but at work I can't have the stuff chilling in the breakroom...it's a pain in the ass to clean quickly by the way. Well really just the one part but I digress.

But today folks....oh today....I pumped for Monday the entire 13.5oz I need yahoooooo!

You just don't know how excited I am because since we've bumped her to 4.5oz I've never been able to pump for the next day while at work. And actually I think it's more like 14.

But I will still pump tonight to start my stash. I was able to keep one bag since I pumped both times but picked her up before her 3:30 eating when I took her to the doc.

I'm going to need about 20oz for the weekend for the Super Fest if I do both days. So yah I still have about 16 more oz to go so any extra always helps.

Anyways just wanted to share my excitement...oh the little things once you become a mommy haha

No comments:

Post a Comment