Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My little girl...

isn't so little anymore :( She rolled over at daycare yesterday. I am devestated I won't lie. We had been working with her quite a bit lately trying to get her to do it and having my iphone handy for video recording just in case. About a week ago I gave the go ahead of more tummy time at daycare (wanted to make sure she was strong enough if they couldn't keep an eye on her like I like in case they got busy with the other babies). When I came in and saw the note yesterday I started to well up. I made it to the car to call Mr. B and then cried :( Mr. B knew what I was getting at AGAIN without having to say anything at all. He didn't quite believe Ms Beth but this morning she confirmed that she was on her tummy in her crib and had her head really up high and kind of started bobbing and then BLOOP! Turned over and her eyes got real big like wtf just happened?! haha I called Mr. B on the way to work to confirm and he said "well when she does it at home it'll bet he first time for us and I'm sure there will be plenty of firsts that we get to see that Ms. Beth doesn't" ummm dude we ARE supposed to see first. I'm sure Ms. Beth likes to see them but she doesn't care that much about our child haha And I know it happened so it won't be a first and she said she didn't have to let me know if I didn't want her to and another friend of mine who worked at a daycare said the same thing and I said NOWAY...that's cheating Ava. I am not a one upper as far as milestones because all babies develop differently and even though we wanted her to roll over it wasn't this huge deal to us and reading that others hadn't yet made me fine with it. But BUT if she does I WANT to know to celebrate with her and be proud of her! If she doesn't do it for another 2-3 weeks at home that'll be fine but I wouldn't have wanted to think she did it just then when she's doing it at daycare because even though she doesn't know it I'm not going to take that away from her no matter how sad I get. So with all of this I'm really starting to think my hair falling out is stress/anxiety related now. It may have started with the stuff I listed but it's been over a month and nothing is giving. And even though I'm not depressed (except for not spending more time with Ava) I maybe a little anxious about it (although I'm not going to get on medication...one I'm breast feeding and two I don't think I NEED NEED it...and I would admit if I did) and the stress of my shitty job and stress over leaving her. I've been carrying around a 15lb bag of guilt ....and by the way now up to 16lbs folks haha so of course I was going to talk to my obgyn about it anyways but I'm going to ask what she thinks. Not that, that would change Mr. B's mind...but you never know. All I know is after I found out the way my new supervisor talked to another co-worker that does my job in another city she would have had to fill one more position on Saturday had it been me on that other end of the line because I wouldn't have been treated that way. These people here are out the box and really better watch themselves because I can tell you it won't take a lot to push me over the edge and be gone. I am looking looking but can't find anything closer to the daycare/home/at least the area let alone see what it'll pay. But I WILL NOT give up on my ultimate goal....noway jose

2 comments:

  1. Sorry no matter how many times I tried to create paragraphs it wouldn't let me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our daycare filmed my brother's first steps for our parents :-( It breaks your heart to miss that stuff. I'm not looking forward to it! (The missing it that it is)
    I hope your stress situation gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete