Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ava's Weekly Update- 44 Weeks

As baby grows, actions that may seem like defiance -- throwing food, banging objects, biting, pulling -- may really be his way of learning. Discipline is essential, but so is letting him explore. Trust your gut and stay consistent in your reactions, and over time, you and baby will both learn what works best.

Oh my gosh yes! In fact Ava just spit food all over my face and clothes last night and she did it to her daycare teacher the other day haha. But definitely banging different objects to hear the sounds, biting she has done a few times but we are very stern on the no with that one. We do take a laid back approach in letting her figure things out but there are area's that are a no go and we sternly tell her no, pick up her and move her and give her something else to do. She knows better at this point because most often than not she will look at us and slooooowly start to do whatever she shouldn't be doing haha.


Baby's personality and temperament are starting to show. Whether he's laid-back and shy or energetic and outgoing, this is your time to get to know him. The best part? Spotting the characteristics he inherited from you!

Ava can be so laid back sometimes it's awesome and then other's you better watch out haha....most of the time when she's upset it's because she's hungry or doesn't want to be in her crib/go to bed surprise surprise. Last night was night #2 of the CIO (which we absolutely hate but we have to get this figured out before the baby comes and I need sleep) and she cried on and off for 2 hours before I just went to get her at 4:45. I fed her and then she fell asleep but woke up right away when I put her in her crib so she came in with me at that point. We're going to keep at it though because we know it will take a bit and consistency is key.


The guilt has come back about bringing another baby into the house so early. This week I've been going to the daycare on lunch to feed Ava. That way she's only taking in formula for her afternoon feeding and I have been loving the extra time of how excited she is to see me but it's too much for me so I've been getting over the guilt of the giving more formula and it's not for much longer anyways. But when I'm spending those special moments with her I feel bad that I won't give her enough attention. I know I will.

Mr. B is excited for a second but he too the other day said "you know it will be great but I will miss just playing with her on the bed and having that 1:1 time."

I know what he means by that....others who don't have children or don't have them so close may think that sounds selfish but I get it. I follow a blog where they really had special roles with their children and one tended to favor one parent and the other child the other parent and so they made it a point a couple times a week to switch it up and play with the other and get quality time in and that really helped. This will definitely be the case with us especially when Mr. B will be out of town.


No comments:

Post a Comment