Monday, May 11, 2015

Steel Magnolias

We love this movie. And I mean A and myself. For her 5th birthday in November she wants a Steel Magnolias themed birthday party...no lie. 

When playing she gets a southern drawl and pretends to be Shelby. 

So it was on tv today. Just the end when Shelby passes. I always cry but the funeral really hit me hard. 

When M'Lynn says will that little boy ever know what Shelby went through just to have him and raise him for a year. 

It took me back to the day I delivered Grant. I was in so much pain physically but of course emotionally too. 

Mr. B was holding him crying and whispered "see that woman right there?...she went through so much pain to have you...she loves you much".  

I would do it again for my little boy even if the outcome was the same. I would have my heart broken over and over again. 

Because that's what mothers do...that's the amount of love I have for my children. 

I miss you my love. 

My baby you'll always be...

2 comments:

  1. The Little Theatre here did Steel Magnolias last year. I have never seen the movie, but I keep meaning to after watching the play. If you love it that much I really do need to add it to the top of my list. Hope you are doing okay today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a good movie. A friend of mine said "I never cry while watching movies".

    Guess what?! She cried :)

    ReplyDelete