Thursday, September 23, 2010

Whoa...

Ok yah so it says 51 days until my due date but holy crap I just did the calculations and only 30 until October 23rd which is considered Full Term and that happens to be Mr. B's bday so he kind of is secretly hoping she goes then.

30 Days....what???????????

Now that makes it very real!

I actually think it would be cute for them to share a bday but want her to go a little later because that puts me back at work the Monday after New Years and I'd much rather start back up on the 10th or 17th (if she goes to the end).

As luck would have it I was complaining on FB a couple of weeks ago about being wait listed still for many Daycares despite calling and being put on the wait list months ago. Well Mr. B's cousin used to work at the one that was Mr. B's first choice (happened to be really expensive) and she said do not take your child there and she actually quit.
Well she was chatting and it came about that her little brother who's about 16 his girlfriend works at a daycare in my area on the way to work in the afternoons and she thought they had spots open for infants and it was 150 a week (which is what we were prepared to spend)

I just called and she said that one lady is ahead of me and she's due in October so she'll need to start right at the beginning of January but they have one spot open so that will go to her and a baby graduates to the 1 year old room in January so that could be my spot.

She said it was looking very very hopeful and promising that I would get in when I need it and she put me on the wait list.
She really wants me to stop by which of course I would definitely do that before putting Ava there. I love when the places say stop in whenever because that gives me a better indicator on how Ava will be treated vs when they want us to schedule and appointment with the Director because then they'll be prepared.

She said that the 1 year old teacher is great but the infant teacher is so fantastic that parents actually get upset when their children reach 1 because they love her so much and they end up loving the 1 year old teacher too but you get used to your child being with someone for 9-10 months I can understand how it might be hard to transition over.

But now the problem is figuring out when I can just pop in because I have finally worked out a deal with my boss about staying later on days of the week when I have my doctors appointments but I always pick the earliest appointment because that ensures I actually get seen fairly close the the appointment time and can get to work faster. Very rarely does my doctor ever have an appointment later than 3 and I really need it to be 3:30 ish so I only have to stay late 2 days vs 3 days. And then if I could manage a late appointment I could have time to stop by but then I wouldn't want to stop by when everyone would be picking up their kids because I'm sure that would be stressful as well.

So who knows. But when I do go in and see if I like it I'm going to ask if I can pay the registration fee then and maybe ensure my spot. I understand them wanting money right away so if someone walked in and wanted to start tomorrow and they were making an extra 150 a week they would take that instead of waiting until January but I think it will be good. We'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment