Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Progress...

Well yesterday I also managed to go pre-register. The lady was like kind of early??? I was thinking well I'm 33.5 weeks and they require you do pre-register at 35 weeks but technically this week was my 34 week appointment and I won't be in until closer to 36 weeks for that appointment so umm I'd rather do it before than later and me go into labor early and have to deal with all of the paperwork.



So I am set ...the only bad thing is if I go in and they say no false labor I have to re-sign the paperwork boo. But I hopefully don't anticipate that. And I can just call a number ahead of time and they get my room and everything ready (once they check me out to know I am in deed in labor).



And I registered to donate our cord blood. It's a great program to bank it privately but the expense just doesn't make sense especially if never use it and if some other child could use it well then that would be fantastic. And she said that we can withdrawal at any time (like even 10 years from now...though I don't know why we would want to) and she said something about if after a certain time it's still available and Ava or a family member needs it they can get on a list to try and get it which I thought was cool.



So glad that I'm done with all the hospital mumbo jumbo.

Just took a look at my To Do's on my 33 week update.
I have bought the storage cabinet for the bathroom and last night Mr. B and I put it together...that was fun! haha and tonight I'll fill er up.
I have cleared out some cabinet space for all of Ava's stuff but that's a work in progress because I need more room.
So all I need to do now is clear off the hutch, vacuum my car out, and install the car seat which the last two will be done on Sunday.

Glad things are getting done!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, sounds like you guys are all ready for Miss Ava's arrival! I wanted to tell you that when you get to the hospital, tell every freaking nurse you see that you plan on donating your cord blood! Someone screwed up our paperwork and it wasn't until I was about to push that I casually mentioned it and they all freaked out. I'm still not even sure if it was ever banked. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know!

    ReplyDelete