Wednesday, November 11, 2009

OKAY!!!

So I went to Hobby Lobby after work...I truly have a love/hate relationship with that place. I spent about 70 bucks however I would've spent 150-165 if they didn't have their sales.

I think everything I bought either was 50% or 66% off...so hey and I figure with all the stuff I got for the guest room even the stuff from Target I will have done a total room transformation for about 165 bucks....I think that is truly a success!

I forgot to look at the clock when I had finished putting together the other nightstand/bookcase. But I know it didn't really take me long at all...even after messing up one part twice heh...

I was actually able to move the old furniture out and take it through the damn house into the garage. The headboard was surprisingly heavier then I thought it would be but that wasn't the true test....we had this dresser/bookshelf thing. It was two pieces....and I remember the movers saying how surprised they were at how heavy it was and Mr. B saying something about the wood and it being made in the U.S.A haha

Well I took the top piece out and yes it was heavy. I stopped about 4 times haha
But the true test was that damn lower half ughh

I ended up pushing it to the living room on the carpet but then knew I wouldn't be able to pick it up so I took an old sheet and put it on the floor and was able to somehow get the dresser on top of it and then I could push it across the floor without scratching up the wood floor. But I did it and I can imagine what Mr. B will say...something to the effect of being shocked as hell that I did it haha but when I put my mind to something I will do it!!!

So the curtain rod came in and I started to hang the brackets but haven't finished because I needed to clean the other part of the house in between Glee...

So I got the living room looking much better and two loads of laundry done and the kitchen is looking much better.

Tomorrow night I will do the living room floors and finish the kitchen and more laundry and vacuum....and clean our bedroom and bathroom.

Oy vey and finish the guest room.

Well I am catching up to this whole blog everyday...well hey two on some days counts right?! haha

Tomorrow night I'll post Before and After pics....

No comments:

Post a Comment