Wednesday, July 21, 2010

30 Day Challenge- Day 1

Since I'm sure some of you maybe sick of reading about our little Butterball (heck sometimes I even feel that way) I had been thinking about doing this from my friend Mrs. A and then my other friend Jin decided to do it too so I said I'M DOING IT!

It will be a 30 Day Challenge on getting to know me!

So for Day-1

About me....I hope you get to know me a little better!

I'm 25 (will turn 26 in just 2 short weeks gahhh). My husband is 33 and will turn 34 on Week 37 of pregnancy (so he's kind of hoping our little Ava will make her appearance on his birthday hah).

I'm originally from Iowa...actually grew up on the Mississippi where people boat and it's clean (unlike down here since it travels so much and gets ucky)...it's kind of funny since I still live very close to the river just 14 hours away hah.

I moved down to Louisiana in December of 05 (just a few months after Hurricane Katrina) many people thought I was crazy for doing so. But my aunt and uncle lived down here and I didn't' have much going on and to be honest it was the best decision financially since so many folks had left and didn't come back and there were many jobs to be had at about 3+ dollars an hour then what I was making.

I settled in and right away they were transferred. Story of my life right. But I loved the charm of southern Louisiana....it was like nothing I've ever seen before.

I can not get enough of the accents whether its the Nawlins, or New York West Bank, or the bayou La Rose, or Lafayette, or even cajun Lutcher area. It's so fun...all the get togethers everyone has (granted its usually an excuse to party) and don't get me started on my love for the drive thru daiquiri shoppes (and no even now the driver can not have the straw in the cup...but the passenger still can hah)

The food is out of this world too!

So my aunt and uncle had introduced me to my husband when they still lived here and shortly after we started dating and then I was moved in and we were settled. 9 months later he proposed and on May 24, 2008 we were married.

I am very blessed to say that we had a plan of paying off our credit card debt and then it was game on for a child and our first try we got pregnant! We know how fortunate we are to have had that happen and we're over the moon excited!

We're due November 13th and we're having a little girl....Ava Grace. Who's incredibly spoiled by so many already.

We are in love with LSU football and have very pricey season tickets and tailgate like no other! Honestly there aren't many schools that tailgate like us!

We love our life that we lead and are very happy!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you and Jin are doing this!! It's fun to learn so much about others and gives you lots of things to write about.

    ReplyDelete