Friday, July 23, 2010

Daycare...ugh

Ok so I knew I should've gotten serious about this 2 months ago but didn't...which isn't like me at all. But today I had time at work so I said I was going to get serious

There were two daycares that we were thinking of...

one is very close to home and they are remodeling and will even have webcasts but its the most expensive at 185 a week...they say they do offer discounts for paying monthly...but there also is a 100 registration fee and I think a few more fee's for supplies etc. She kind of said there is a wait list but insisted if we come in then we could do registration fee right now and get in (haha yah I bet theres room at 185 a week)

Then there was the private baptist daycare/school which is super close to work and that is a great price of like 155 a week. Has the 100 registration and then I think 50 in Sept and 50 in March for supplies. And on the site it says that if your child isnt a bed baby expect a 3 year wait.
But our child would be. The lady said there is a wait and it would be 25 to be put on the list but the lady that handles it was on vacation until Monday.

Then I started just calling other places
Some only took kids 2 years and up
Some had wait lists up to 10 places ahead of me

There was one even closer to our house that I think was about 150...they do some bible teachings which is nice and they even have key cards to get in for security..so I did add my name to that wait list

Then there was another where the first lady was kind of snotty but she gave me to another lady who was sweet and I think it was about 140 and she put me on the wait list and said by Feb that there should be room.

There were like 2 others that were rude or had really long lists

Then I called one that is pretty close to home that I drive by a lot...it does look older but hey as long as the inside is clean and the people are great that's not that big of a deal to me.
Well it's only 110 a week and a 50 registration and I think 50 for supplies! The lady in the infant room is a grandmother who's been there like 7 years. The director is great and has a 7 year old son and she's known the infant lady for a long time and her mother even worked with her so she has a great reputation.

She has room and was just easy to talk to...she just went on and on and it was great. I know the price is appealing but that's not the reason why I just got a good vibe from her.
So I'm going to try and set up a time next week to go take a tour to know for sure but this is looking promising folks!

2 comments:

  1. I visited the private baptist place by your work and I'm going to advise against them. The facility is nice but there is NO security at all. I literally just walked in the door and had to go into one of the classrooms to find someone to help me.

    ReplyDelete