Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ultrasound

Ok so I really do get annoyed when I have an appointment and people are late for it. There was one lady in there already and one in front of me and they had at least 2 tech's going and I think I was seen 15 minutes after my appointment and I got there 10 minutes early.
But whatev's

So I tell her why I'm there and she starts doing her measuring and was like look at her belly! her tiny waist and big belly he he

Then she asks how much Ava weighed last week and I tell her 5lbs 9oz....then she looks confused and says wait how much did she weigh? And I say again and she goes and you just got the ultrasound last week? I said yah a week and two days actually. She goes well this girl gained about a pound in a week! She's 6lbs 7oz....holy shitballs folks!

Like seriously she's only supposed to gain 1/2lb not a full lb! If she gained a pound a week and I went to my due date she'd weigh 10.5lbs haha ummm no thank you!

But she said she looked great! She was moving a ton and the lady said you're not even feeling all of this are you? I said nope...she said you're only going to feel when she really hits hard....which is crazy since I feel her moving all of the time ...turns out she's moving ALL of the time!

Then she said wow she's got a lot of hair haha I said yah in our 3D the lady said she did....she's like for me to see it on here it means a lot...I said well I had a ton too...which honestly I have to admit I'm super excited about!

She said she saw her practicing her breathing so that was great. She did a few more things and said she passed her bio physical with flying colors...8 out of 8. So I'm not worried about that.

Then my doctor was in surgery so I met with the nurse real quick and she said immediately that my amniotic fluid level increased from last week. I mean no wonder why my belly is so big. With Ava weighing in at 6.5lbs and more fluid. I didn't ask how much fluid though...I should've.

I told her I figured my doc would want me to do another ultrasound next week while I had my appointment but didn't know and she said she'd call this afternoon to let me know. But I have a feeling with increased fluid levels and Ava gaining so much she will.

Now I'm really beginning to feel like we may get an induction at 37 weeks and then I was like crap....that means in 2 weeks I could be a mommy vs 4. Umm wowzer.

Even if she goes back to only gaining 1/2lb a week at 37 weeks she'll still be a healthy 7.5lber.

Granted ultrasounds can be off but I have a feeling it's pretty darn close.

Got another profile pic and she again said Look at those cheeks haha

Nervous, anxious, excited, and happy all in one...can't wait to meet my little girl!

2 comments:

  1. I've had friends that had the ultrasound be off by 3 pounds, so don't worry too much! Sounds like a healthy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she is very happy and growing well in there. You must be getting so excited!

    ReplyDelete