Sunday, August 1, 2010

30 Day Challenge- Day 12

My Biggest Regret

You know this really is a tough one because I really try and live my life with no regrets but that's a little cliche isn't it?! haha

You know through all the crazy shit I dealt with growing up that's not my regret.

Mine is continually going back to someone who messed with my emotions and was mentally abusive.

It was ok for him to be out cheating on me but the moment I go out and have fun (not cheating or doing anything sexually) when we were broken up I was the whore who ruined everything.

I know that he broke me down just like my mom did and that's why I stayed and I wish I had enough confidence to have left his ass for good instead of the one time I did.

But to this day apparently I'm the one that got away bla bla bla and he's continued his pattern of cheating and moving on as normal.

So I think just being played like a fool and being so fragile and vulnerable that I'd be willing to do anything for someone who didn't deserve me was my biggest regret.

But I think it's a great learning experience and it's taught me a lot about control in my relationships (granted you can't control when someone cheats but you can control your self respect) and that is something I will make sure I teach Ava.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm I totally, inadvertently, copied you on todays post. Haha. Sorry, but great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I think that happens to a lot more folks than woman think so that's awesome. I mean not awesome we dealt with it but that at least we're not alone and maybe someone will read our blogs whose a lurker and realize haha

    ReplyDelete